Saturday, July 28, 2012

WARNING. CALL YOUR DOCTOR.

This morning after my workout I ran to get some food. As I was about to walk out some advertisement for some miracle medicine was coming across and I could help but hear them say, like always, if you experience any of the following side effects please contact your doctor and stop taking the medicine immediately. You know the gist. We've all hear these things. As I walked out listening to the effects mentioned I laughed to myself because I thought, if someone was experiencing diarrhea, fainting, random bleeding, racing heart or terrible headaches because of a medicine do they really need to be told to contact their doctor and stop? I mean, people usually want to feel good so it's kind of obvious.
Then God did was He does often.
He reminded me how many times, with the knowledge of how things are hurting me, that I have continued to take them in.
Follow with me.
Proverbs 5:7-12 this is a warning to those who are sexually immoral. It is specific enough to warn against STD's.
"And now, O sons, listen to me,and do not depart from the words of my mouth. Keep your way far from her, and do not go near the door of her house, lest you give your honor to others and your years to the merciless,lest strangers take their fill of your strength,and your labors go to the house of a foreigner,
11 and at the end of your life you groan,when your flesh and body are consumed, and you say, “How I hated discipline,and my heart despised reproof!"
Isaiah 59:1-3 Sin can cause you  to experience loss of hearing.
Listen! The Lord’s arm is not too weak to save you,
    nor is his ear too deaf to hear you call.
It’s your sins that have cut you off from God.
    Because of your sins, he has turned away
    and will not listen anymore.
Your hands are the hands of murderers,
    and your fingers are filthy with sin.
Your lips are full of lies,
    and your mouth spews corruption.

Hosea 4:5-6 Blindness, loss of motor skills and lack of clear thinking.
You shall stumble by day;
    the prophet also shall stumble with you by night;
    and I will destroy your mother.
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge;
     because you have rejected knowledge,
    I reject you from being a priest to me.
And since you have forgotten the law of your God,
     I also will forget your children.

Mark 9:42-48 Worst of all, sin will separate you from God and make you experience death for eternity.
“Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea.  And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire.  And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame than with two feet to be thrown into hell.  And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell,  ‘where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’"


The good news is none of these side effects are permanent, yet. As long as you are still alive, I assume you must be to be reading this (if you haven't already stopped), then you can stop taking this sin and contact your doctor, Jesus Christ. (John 5:1-9)



Romans 10:12-13 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Don't wait. Contact your doctor immediately. You need not suffer through the consequences of sin. Let Him purge you of poison and fill you with inexpressible, uncontrollable, undeserved joy in Him.


I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment