Wednesday, July 7, 2010

We Are Ungrateful

Though I can't truly speak for everyone, I think it is safe to say that anyone reading this, meaning they have a computer or some device that allows them to have internet access, is or has been ungrateful in life. I know I have. Today I was thinking about the truth of how ungrateful I have been myself. Some of these may apply for you, some may not. You may have others. I just need to get this all out.

I'm ungrateful for my family, many don't have one.
I'm ungrateful for my clothes, some have less than I.
I'm ungrateful for my vehicle, many don't have one.
I'm ungrateful for food, many haven't eaten in days, maybe weeks.
I'm ungrateful for clean water, many have never had any.
I'm ungrateful for showers and bathrooms, many have never had a shower or used a real bathroom.
I'm ungrateful for freedom, I've been quiet while many die for Jesus rejoicing.
I've complained about not having my own room, some families of eight share a single-room 8 by 12 shack.
I've complained about not having nice shoes, when children are forced to work like slaves to make them and many don't have a pair themselves.
I've complained about food not being warm enough, or good enough when over 20,000 children die of starvation everyday.
I've complained about the temperature inside and out, hot and cold when I have so much.
I've complained about being grounded when many children become parents because theirs died of AIDS.
I've complained about every part of my body when many don't have arms, legs, eyes, etc.
I am an ungrateful person.
God has given me everything and I worshiped it.
Eventually, I became fed up with pride and selfishness and asked to be stripped of them completely, not matter what. It meant losing A LOT of things and the battle is still going on.
Seriously, we have no right to complain.
I know I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment