Sunday, October 17, 2010

Jesus is my Crown.

This morning I went to church with a very heavy heart.
I almost didn't go, but I know that I need fellowship.
So I went, expecting to be quite and to myself,
I just wanted to be with God.
Which isn't a bad thing,
but we were created for community.
We need each other because we were made that way.

As soon as I got to church love filled the air.
God made sure I knew I was loved.
He wouldn't have me be alone. :)

After the service began we took part in the Lord's supper.

I've never been more serious about this act.
It isn't just a ritual.
It's parallel of such a wonderful truth. :)

As we were taking the Lord's supper
I heard a young girl as her father several questions.
Children are so precious an innocent.
It's no wonder God told us to accept Him as a child.
After several questions she dropped the A-bomb.
"Why did He have to die?"

My heart sank.
Tears filled my eyes.
This is one of the most important questions
that any of us could ever face in life.
I don't know if you've ever truly spent time
meditating upon this question or not,
but if you haven't, I ask you to do so.

Jesus didn't just come to die to show His love.
Yes, that's what lead Him to do it,
but that is not why He "had" to.

I say "had" because Jesus in fact didn't have to.
We sinned.
He could have said too bad, you had your chance,
but love would have none of that.

So, what made death necessary?
Sin.
Because we each have chosen sin over God
we had offended God.
We have spat in His Holy face
and didn't really care.
Every time we sinned and knew what we were doing,
we might as well told God He isn't that important.

So sin deserves death.
It's Biblical.
We know that.
But our physical death did not satisfy the wrath of God.
We must be judged and punished.
People wrestle with this.
"If God is love how can He send people to hell?"
You're really asking the wrong question.
Because God IS love and is perfectly just,
sin MUST be paid for.
If God just closed His eyes and ignored our sin
He would be and unholy and unjust god.
But He isn't.
So it had to be atoned for.
And our animal sacrifices weren't cutting it.
In my life, there probably aren't enough animals in
all of the world to atone for me.
So Jesus, being blameless came
and died.
Ever wondered why Jesus was under so much pain and stress?
Many people were martyred and rejoiced.
Jesus, was sweating blood.
He felt forsaken by God just as David did in Psalm 22.
Why?
Jesus wasn't just dying.
He literally was taking our judgment.
He took on the entire worlds sin,
and accepted the judgment and punishment that
you, me and the world deserved.

And the power and love of God
was STILL greater than our sin.

Jesus is my Crown.
Because of Him I have life.
And best believe I'm gonna let people know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment