Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Whirlwind.

This blog isn't really like most of mine. It honestly doesn't even matter if people read it. When I am studying scripture or something like that and blogging I love people to read, but this blog is really just so I can unpack my mind. But, if you care and are bored, read ahead anyway.

So, last Saturday at noon is when it all began. I had my going away party (thank you if you came). It was a great time. I felt like a kid again, something I haven't been able to say for a long time. With all the fun were also many bittersweet moments. I said, what I thought would be final goodbyes that day with several people. The week progressed and I went to, what I thought would be my last Bible study at New Journey. Then this past weekend came. I went to Tupelo for the Oh, Sleeper show and to see Kojo and Kayla one last time. Those goodbyes were really hard. Then, once we came home, Sunday rolled around and I saw my pastor, for what I thought was the last time. That afternoon I got to see Amanda and Blanco, same thoughts apply. Blanco and I went to sonic to hang and as much as I didn't want it to, the time for him to leave came and we said goodbyes. I walked back to the mall (that's where my bike was) to waste time and enjoy the weather. I was heartbroken and didn't have much left in me. I was still confident in God though. He always has everything under control.

Little did I know within an hour my life would come within inches of ending.

Getting hit by a vehicle is scary. Getting hit by one when you're not in another one is terrifying.

But, God obvious was with me.
My small injury is certainly a testament of that.

And then finding out I can't go to basic next week.
I was angry.
Because there are people I can easily blame for being in the situation I was when I got hit, but God is still sovereign. Always is.

Now, I'm here with lots of unanswered questions.
What-ifs.
But that's the beauty of faith.
Walking when I can't see.
I love it.
My life, she has been changed, for the far better.
I feel like I was in a valley and God put a jetpack on me and set me at the top of a mountain.
I am absolutely joyful.
I am absolutely founded.
I am absolutely confident.

God is good.
Not because of anything I can say or anything He did or didn't do.
He just is.
But, because He loves us He chooses to be good to us.
Amen.
I love you.
If you're reading this and don't feel the joy and relief I do, get up with me.
I'd love to talk to you.
I'd love to pray with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment